Hidden Destiny

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Hidden Destiny ~ that which we cannot foresee today, but will shape the rest of our lives.

A hidden destiny may be when you see a child playing in a yard and take the time to pray over him or her. Through the power of that prayer, a new hidden destiny may have begun.

A hidden destiny may be when you're going through your normal day and a stranger in need of help crosses your path. When you give help to someone who is no one you'll ever see again and your heart is melted for reasons that defy logic--the hidden destiny just happened for both of you.

Yesterday I said that today's topic would be: What you can learn about my life as I share writing advice on politics & religion. That was definitely a joke folks, but I will share a weird writing tip.

Among the vastness of people there’s no unanimous opinion, so write according to your moral compass & imagination, letting who you are be sewn into the universal fabric of life regardless of the multitudes of people's thread-ripping opinions.

That tip is broad, but there’s a truth and freedom inside that thought. Over the last few weeks I’ve been reminded that opinions are live and well on this planet.

America is the land of the free ~ as long as you don’t want freedom from other people’s opinions—or freedoms to break the law ;- )

So, I’m on a journey to use the freedom that soldiers have fought for to find my truth inside of God’s truth and temper all opinions with something deeper than the self-important rhetoric of dissenting opinion.

The ending of Phi 2:12 says ~ continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

I'm continuing and grateful for the right to do just that.

Okay, that's all the deep stuff I have for today . . . maybe for the year.

To my one commenter yesterday ~ I'm sorry to have discouraged you, Meg. But if you come see me at the book signing (listed below), I'll share more chocolate--are we up to eating MORE chocolate yet?

Shudder.


When the Heart Cries
Cindy Woodsmall

What: Book Signing

Where: LifeWay Christian Store
Mall of Georgia Crossing
770-831-7707

When: Saturday, November 18, 2006
3 to 5 P.M.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Marion Kelley Bullock said…

    Cindy,

    I'll just have to say it again. I absolutely loved When the Heart Cries. And I've just gotta know what happens next.

    Marion
    marionkelleybullock.blogspot.com

     
  • At 2:48 AM, Blogger Meg said…

    Great post, Cindy. You've got your eyes on the big picture.

    You didn't discourage me with your previous post. Sorry if my comment came across that way.

    I'll see you Saturday at your signing. Chocolate or no chocolate. :)

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Among the vastness of people there’s no unanimous opinion, so write according to your moral compass & imagination, letting who you are be sewn into the universal fabric of life regardless of the multitudes of people's thread-ripping opinions."

    Amen Sista! Keep this stuff coming! Praise God!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home