Hidden Destiny

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Successful Book Club

Yesterday, I finished the editing rounds and turned in book two. YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!! I was free! I spent a bit of time doing some girly stuff: my hair, nails, and nice clothes.

See, I had been invited to speak at a book club.

I've known one of the members, Lisa, for over twelve years. Her husband and my husband work at the same engineering firm and we see each other two or three times each year at various DCG functions. So last August when I received my first shipment of books, I autographed one to her and her husband, Tim.

I didn't know she was an avid reader and part of a book club that's been meeting for five years!

Hmmm, what have we talked about during all those functions for the past twelve years?

Ah, I know. Children. Weather. Vacations. Quilting. Tennis. And Dennis ---just kidding D.B. it just rhymed and you are a part of DCG.

Getting off this rabbit trail and back to the subject at hand, she shared her enjoyment of When the Heart Cries with her book club and they read it.

Attending the meeting last night was way, way too much fun. Jane, one of the members, prepared a delicious meal and opened her home to twelve ladies. Her very sweet husband took care of her children and we took over the house. If you're thinking of starting a book club, you may not want to tell your spouse that part of it:-)

Jane's mother, Sue, was there. Angie's daughter-in-law, Lilian was there. One lady wasn't a member, but was a friend who belonged to a different book club. Several of the ladies attended the same church and had interesting stories of taking communion. Threads of life . . . don't you just love them?

I want to thank each reader--not only for reading the book, but for thinking it through so much that every question opened my heart to new aspects of the Plain life.

Nazneen, Jane, Lisa, Kathy, Carrie, Sue, Aimee, Alicia, Karen, Angie, and Lilian. You are a beautiful quilt ~ if you don't believe it, ask Lisa to judge the cloth you're made of:-) I bet she's already drug you out of the Amish shop and into the sunlight:-o)

Peace ~

3 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Alexis Jacobs said…

    I am so excited about your next book. I read through the first in a day and now I am eagerly anticipating the rest of the story. Thank you for such an awesome book!

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Cindy Woodsmall said…

    Hi, Alexis ~

    Wow, you made my day; thank you!

    Peace,

    CW

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Jill Moosekian said…

    Cindy - thank you again for such a wonderful book and a very inspirational book for me. I have written you before and am always glad to hear from you. Right now I'm trying my darnest to win a monthly contest. You know, I was a child of abuse and I did the one best thing was in forgiving my father like Jesus has said and I feel so much better about it. I have been truly blessed! I hope one day you can come to Nashville and we could meet and I could embrace you like a friend. God love you and I'm looking sooo forward to the next book about Hannah!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home